How you can find the best, most complete pet insurance plan
When you are choosing the best and most complete pet insurance plan, you’ve got a lot to consider. Thankfully we’ve already crunched the numbers, ventured past page 5 of Google and met with all the pet insurance companies around so you don’t have to. And we’re dying to reveal our clear winner!
You’ve probably heard of pet insurance. You’ve either been served an ad, heard it over dinner with friends or seen your dog choke on a bone and wondered how best to protect them in the future. Regardless of what brought you here, I’m glad that it did because you deserve peace of mind when it comes to the health of your dog and your furry friend deserves the best medical care around. Luckily, there is an easy and effective way to achieve both. With comprehensive pet insurance.
But, there’s a catch.
Many pet insurance companies will lure you in with fancy insurance lingo that is designed to attract desperate pet owners hoping at least somebody knows what they’re doing some hold merit (I will show you the exact one you need in a moment) many pet insurance plans aren’t as comprehensive as they claim to be. So don’t just settle for the very first option - I only ever accept the best and so should you.
So, what does “the best” actually look like?
What does a complete pet insurance plan include?
It’s important to note that you want the most comprehensive coverage here. Essentially, we are looking for the best value for money that includes all of the bells and whistles. The more, the merrier. Which means your ideal pet insurance plan should include, most of, if not all, of the following:
- Protection against medical fees due to covered illnesses and injury
- Accident and life insurance
- Pet liability insurance
- Loss and recovery of a pet
- Preventive treatment
- Diagnostic fees
- Emergency care
- Kennel fees
A few things to watch out for
- Benefit limits. In many ways, pet insurance companies look to provide you with as much as possible, but there has to be a limit to the benefits. And there are. So familiarise yourself with how far their benefits extend.
- Exclusions. This is another thing that you have to look at when considering the best pet insurance plan. Certain things will not be covered. Make sure that those exclusions are bills that you are comfortable paying for out-of-pocket.
- Added costs. What are the copayment and deductible amounts? You must understand how much you will be contributing towards certain bills
- Claims processes. When it comes time to make a claim, how swift, effective and efficient is the process? Understanding how you are going to be reimbursed is definite need-to-know information!
So which company has the best, most complete pet insurance plan?
It’s Oneplan. By a longshot too!
Their plans range from essential accident-only cover (pawfect cover for unexpected accidents) to their Pet Hospital Plan, to the Classic Plan and finally, the best of the lot when it comes to benefits is the Pet Super Plan. This is where Oneplan shines the brightest.
Their Pet Super Plan covers everything you would need in one affordable and effective plan – that benefits both your pet and your wallet.
I’ll let their benefits speak for themselves.
- Vet visits
- Routine Care that includes the following:
- Consultations for and/or vaccinations, deworming, flea control
- Anal gland expression
- Teeth scaling and polishing
- Accident Cover
- Illness Cover
- Kennel Fees
And to truly round off their benefits, as Oneplan would, they’ve gone and done it again by creating the easiest claims process you’ll ever see. And I know that this is quite the statement to make, but I will continue to stand by it until otherwise proven wrong.
When it comes time to visit the vet, all you have to do is log in to the smart Oneplan app and load your claim. They will then transfer the funds you need to your Onecard within seconds. And you’re sorted!
Finding the right pet plan can be tricky. The Pet Super Plan is the best pet cover you can get with Oneplan. It includes comprehensive cover for routine care, and accidents and emergencies. It’s everything you need, and more. And the only way to go in my opinion.
Until next time,
The Pet Insurance Team